Friday, January 20, 2006

Find the Mistakes-2nd draft

avoidance has been the theme lately. so i'll update. and apoplogize for not capitalizing or using the conventional punctuation-spelling-grammar. i've lost it. so apart from moping because i'm now 39 and it's yet to reveal it's plus side to me, what else...

Monday: can't remember

Tuesday: my b-day - moped, picked fight with husband for not having a job yet and not updating me and not showing any sign of growing some teeth, picked up kids, drove'm to karate, waited an hr in the car for eldest, drove home. Total 4 hrs in car. returned to find husband preparing lovely lamb dinner and chocolate birthday cake from scratch with delicious cream cheese frosting, from scrath, which we kidded him looked like mashed potatoes. But it was so nice. he even decorated the cake with real flowers. and presents: an eye-toy work out programme so i can get my butt in shape.
Ok. Problem.That was last week. OMG. well i am obviously lost in the space-time-continuum somewhere.nothing new. So, in fact, Tues. was same only without birthday as that happened last week.

Wed: scintigraphie, dont know the term in english. it's where they shoot you up with radioactive iodine and take pictures of your thyroid. i was very nervous because i thought my thyroid was giving me alot of trouble (weight gain, fatigue, depression, etc) well the doc says, So what makes you think you have a thyroid problem?...duh, only all the other doctors who've looked at it over the last 7 years...she sent me off assuring me that in the 200000 thyroids she's observed, the tiny nodules (i know for a fact there's one almost 2 cm diametre) are not a problem, could not be the source of my complaints, and i should see a shrink. i left completely flattened and feeling like i'd made the whoole thing up.
So i went SHOPPING. and after 30 min. in Zara where everything was marked down 50% , i was a new woman. am damn proud of my bargoons, too. as i am a bit chunky at the moment, i managed not to fixate on this but rather, bought lots of great sweaters in rich colours like turquoise and bordeaux and lime green, and i swear i have a new wardrobe for only 140 bucks. i should be a personal shopper.

Thurs: ex-boyfriend dropped by to say hello in a.m. and regail me with stories about his first construction job and the toppling cranes. Sounds like there's a certain Hilton hotel which is very badly built...Then i dyed my hair a vibrant red and hung my new wardobe up in the closet after doing myself a little fashion show and feeling like i've finally accomplished something this year. Shopping does it for me. i've totally lost my sex drive but the shopping urge is still alive and kicking.

Fri: i sit here. paruse the blogs of others. and try. to write. something. it's like pulling teeth. but i did it. three pats on the back for the intellectually constipated old lady. i shall now go do my kundalini yoga video and chase out the last of those nasty self-depricating vibes for the day. ohm...

1 comment:

James Scolari said...

old lady? spare me. women don't get truly interesting until they're in their forties.

so get ready to be truly interesting... congratulations, you're nearly there.

oh, and by the way, are you in luxembourg?