Friday, January 27, 2006

well yesterday was high on the neurotic indicator.

boredom at retracing the same tracks day in day out and nothing new along the way. nothing that will get us out of this slippery toilette bowl of a situation.

one by one the single, childless, colleagues seep into surrounding countries, finding work in Germany, a little in France, a little in England...it's a ghostland for those who are obligated to stay until opportunity throws them a major something. three kids and a custody battle don't make for easy nomadic living.

so i am the queen of frustration...waiting ashamed until my husband gets his golden opportunity and (foolishly?) placing all my bets on his career (like a wuss). hoping that the few applications i've sent out don't put me in a place where i have to say, thanks for the great job offer but my husband has received a better one...

1 comment:

James Scolari said...

I turned down a lot of opportunities in the past because I didn't want to say "sorry, but that better thing I was hoping for finally came through..." but in the end, either that better thing didn't come through or I suffered intolerably in the waiting...

now I just think that we embrace whatever is in front of us as best we can, for as long as we can -- and if we have to move on sooner than we'd hoped, well then we offer regrets and move on, knowing that in that time we did our best.