Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Some more excellent insight from my new friends VH and VF. Thanks again.

The transition will be hardest for me apparently. In the car today, my eldest, who i worry about the most (being 14), tells me she's going to roll with whatever life throws at her and focus on the positive...wow. I'm no longer worried. My little girl has her head on her shoulders. I love her.

Europe is hard to give up though. So much variety. Great food. Culture...I could go on...But I won't. I'm totally sick of the should I stay or should I go theme for the moment.

So living in the now, I'll just say it's been an ok week. I have been quite liberated by the revelation that I do not have to build some kind of monument. All of a sudden I get this. I have been fortunate to brush up against the inspired and the inspiring.

And last night, I attended the opening night of the kids opera for which we did the masks , and got to see our pingpong heads in action...They made their momma proud. No one bumped into anyone, no noses had fallen off after 2 weeks of rehearsals, everyone was happy.

Great to actually make people happy with your work (as opposed to having it snatched up and destroyed as per usual). Something that has never happened before: the designer thanked us. Over and over. And came with gifts for P and me, which is apparently an opening night tradition. She kept saying that she would love to work with us again and will call as soon as she has something. (soon, please, tick tock tick tock)

When the thing was over the kids were triumphant and singing went on until the halls were empty...

2 comments:

James Scolari said...

wonderful. well done! so, if you gave up civilization for pig nation, do you have an idea what you'd do? aiming for film here, too?

Blue Fairy said...

I will definately continue to be a mom. Of that I am sure. I will definately plunge myself into making stuff so as to purge any hostility i may be feeling due to cuture shock. I will slowly (or quickly, who knows) develop some new self-confidence...and then, AND THEN...dunno. it's a whole new ballgame, so i will proceed with caution until 100%sure. or, more likely, it will come to find me and i will suddenly be plunged into the midst of it and having a great time as usual. splash.