Thursday, May 18, 2006

sitting here with my coffee. chewing on some hard little knobs that only two days ago were lemon poppyseed muffins, i contemplate the universe.

pointilism has given way to lush broad strokes of green and i am shrouded in stillnes. fragrant heady intoxicating nature. how could there be any other place, any other existance? why is it that when i acheive acceptance and a sense of belonging that life must shift brutally? i am the mistress of this place. these trees. the ancient people of this hill tell me from their whispering land that they are pleased i follow them.

and yet, locked in this tower i am cut off from the world. and every day that i let fold into another becomes a day where my chances of survival are diminished. out there. i could have been the apprentice. (hell, i should be the wizard by now)i could have but my path is to chose the path less travelled. my feelers send me empty messages. and i am a ghost. who sits at the computer. drifts through the garden. stares into the distance. sometimes appearing to the inhabitants of this place. usually distant.

and they grow.

and the petals fall.

No comments: