Thursday, October 20, 2005

Simplicity

No more messing with colour. This will be my template. Its not about the pretty decorations and I am not a web designer yet. So there you go. Also must apologize to the imaginary world about feeling very very sorry for myself from time to time. Not that I want to go into the details but sometimes life is messed up. On the bright side I got a call back on my CV. Trouble is going to the interview and actually being a whole other me that I haven't really been in a long, long time. It's not because the things in the resume are false it's just never good enough to me. Plus there's this reclusiveness that's totally overcome my personality. Not too compatible with the world's expectations and yet I know the other me needs to be in a certain environment and that happens to include floodlights. The great common denominator however is the money. Money will coax me out of my hole just about every time. And hell, it'll be fun.
Right now I am saying this and listening to a radio mom-cast where the subject matter makes me barf and so does their diction. It's not AYAND it's AND, it's not fustrating, it's frustrating. YOU ARE ON THE RADIO LADY. But I enjoy the programme anyway being lonely and all. It does appear that a lot of women are very concerned with pleasing others and fulfilling their role. When I was home in Canada I felt the overachiever vibe as well. Why the competition? I believe in a full life but advertising the crammed schedule across the soccer field, what is the reason for this? And the stuff!!!!Equipment for this, gadgets for that, be prepared or else...Or else what? You'll be downsized by your husband? Perhaps...Not that I'm not a little crucified by the whole mom-job-self dilemma but why broadcast your goodness all over the place. It's got my sister totally neurotic about having enough, supplying enough to the kid's needs...(very spoiled kids) Also, I was shocked at the sibling rivalry. My kids have never been exposed to it and it took me three weeks to detox them. Now they play together again without the sly little pinches and the nasty asides just to see how upset they can get each other or try to get the other in trouble. (they are 15 months apart)Yes, it is a scary thought coming home to America with all it's conveniences and entitlement. But it's also a scary thought to be growing old in a foreign country where they don't know how to barbecue.

No comments: