Monday, October 03, 2005

Today and yesterday

Mid-life crisis number 2, I guess. The first one in my 20's when I broke up with my French boyfriend and dragged my 4yr old off into a brief time of self-inflicted poverty and despair. In the most honorable name of finding myself. Worked like a slave, never had enough money, but did become somewhat of a power woman. Men did not like me in this form. They wanted to reform me. Stop me from driving a truck and getting dirty and having that crazy look in my eyes and that fire in my belly. After a while I wore out. The jobs were too few and far between. After writhing in this lifestyle for several years I met a nice guy. The Charming Prince as it were. This was a good thing and a bad thing. Healthy family living rushed into my life. Maybe all my voice needed was a little food and a hug. Ok. So now, two kids, a home reno and an extra 30 lbs. later, my DH has lost his job. I see the precipice once again. The drop is much farther. First of all, I'm 10 years older and feel like leftovers on the job market buffet. Secondly, that security blanket (that I think was suffocating me anyway), is gone. And there it is....something small but fierce, that fire in the belly, has started to get me moving again.

No comments: