Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Coffee Time

Un grand café au lait to be exact. I love quiet. First thing in the morning quiet after everyone's out the door and it's too early to do much except watch the mist dissipate and explore computerland. On the list for today, slap as much paint on the remaining 200sq. meters of house- a lovely aubergine for the siding and petrol for the trim...i like these colours so much it's actually soothing to be up on the ladder covered in ick spreading this gorgeous ick everywhere and feasting my eyes on my colourwheel success. It's very hard to actually get the "right" colour off a chart. Once it's on a large surface and in the natural light things can be very dissappointing. We started off with a lovely barn red and after applying to several corners found it kind of screamed "bodies inside", so we went for the plum. a huge success. Mom the House Painter. My kids think I'm very cool when I'm on a ladder all painty. Anyways, I don't want to speak of the Lurking Doom today. I'm sick of it. In fact it's a vey beautiful European Fall and I want to enjoy it (maybe for the last time) and as a stress monster I only enjoy ripping into people. The balance goes, 3 days a week I am an awful, useless stress-monster and the other four I am functional and can see beauty all around...hmn...sounds like a manic depressive personality disorder says the Critic. Oh, hello Critic would you like to say a few words this morning? Well, yes. I think your blog is very self-reflective to say the least and it kind of makes me gag actually. Why don't you write more informative, or humoristic pieces and stop blubbering...be proud...suck it up...get with the programme...get a life...join the real world...wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!! Ok. SHUT UP NOW. This is MY blog and I'll spill my guts or not if I want to. And other people who I enjoy too much to try to emulate already have the intelligent stuff covered so BUG OFF. But the coffee suggestion was a good one. Coffee anyone?

No comments: