Wednesday, June 21, 2006





ugh. now i feel all shitty for talking about something so ancient and unpleasant. and only the tip of the iceberg. but as we are being encouraged to live in a climate of fear and i do cherish my freedom, i have started to untangle this web that keeps me from winging my way through life. that keeps me cautious and afraid to give up what i have aquired. to take a chance. to have the faith in myself and the resilience of my children to survive and surpass this challenge and others to come.
if you are not growing you are dying. i am not going to die just yet. and i need to break this paralysis and show my kids how to defy entropy. i want out of this dark corner in the universe and i want to find that smile and steady gaze i once used to defy the sisters of chaos.
because i used know who i was. and it bugged people enough for them to want to wipe that smile off my brazen face.

3 comments:

Blue Fairy said...

nice words. this said, you're binging o a bag of chips and watching another day slide by in undetermined wastefulness.

the Critic

Blue Fairy said...

sloth. void. move your ass!

James Scolari said...

indeed. move it, shake it, flaunt it... whatever it takes.